Certificates are sent electronically to the NYSED the same day you complete the workshop and should appear on your TEACH account within a week. If you have not created a TEACH account, please do so at www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/teach/. If your TEACH account is not updated within two weeks, follow the instructions below:
1. Log into TEACH at http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/teach/login.html and click on the Account Information link:
2. Click on Workshops, then click on Go
3. The screen will redraw with an extra section at the bottom, showing any workshops recorded on your TEACH account. If the workshop(s) you have taken are there, you are done. If it says “No Data Found” then your workshop is not recorded in TEACH and you should move to the next step.
4. Click on the Home link at the top of the page:
5. Click on the link to Update/Add Education, Employment and Personal Information
6. Click the Edit Personal Info button
7. Check that your First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, Date of Birth, and SSN are correct.
Note: Initially only the last 4 digits of your SSN are displayed, but when you move your cursor over the number, it displays the entire value. If your name or SSN is incorrect, click on the appropriate link to update. Assuming all the information is correct, you should continue with the next step
8. Log onto the workshops by going to www.violenceworkshop.com or www.childabuseworkshop.com and selecting the” Already Registered Login” Button
9. Log into the system using your email address and the password you chose when you registered. If you don’t remember your password, use the Forgot your password link to have your password emailed to you.
10. Once you log into the site, all the courses you have registered for will appear. Any courses that you have completed will show Completed next to course, along with a Get Your Certificate link.
If you see a course shown as Started that you think you completed, it is likely that you completed the material, but did not spend the minimum time required and/or did not complete the final quiz. If this is the case, click on the course name and complete the course.
Assuming you did complete the course, click on the Get Certificate link:
11. Your name, address, DOB, and partial SSN will be displayed for you to verify. If there is an error in your name, you must email us at email@example.com and we will change it for you. For security reasons, students may not update their name.
Check that your Date of Birth is correct. The last 5 digits of your SSN are displayed. Enter your entire SSN again to ensure that it is correct!
12. Once you click on the Get My Certificate button, you will see the screen below. Select Email me my certificate.
In addition to sending a copy of your certificate to you by email, this will also resubmit your certificate to TEACH. Allow up to a week for your workshop to appear on your TEACH account. If you have followed this process and waited one week but your workshop still does appear on TEACH, please contact us again and we will open an investigation with the State.